Monday, February 8, 2010

ASFS Wk# 90- Whimsy Stamps and some news.

Hi Ladies,

Can life be more complicated??? Let's see...

Today I want to show you the card that I made for ASFS challenge blog and also let you know some news about my life. Last year was busy and hectic for me in many regards. However, some things were good because I enjoyed my family and I traveled a few times. I love traveling, not matter where :)) I'm a typical Sagittarius :))

After so long I finally had the furniture I wanted for my scrap room, but (and this is a big BUT) now I will have to leave everything behind and move out...Crazy eh?... Let me explain myself. After nearly one year searching for a new job, my husband got a really good opportunity in Cleveland, so we have to move to Ohio. I have to admit that I'm a bit scared because I never lived in a cold weather before, and I will miss my family, friends, the beach and Miami weather, but as my dear friend Teresa told me once, I better be thinking in all the nice and cute boots and scarfs that I will own soon :))

My husband is already in Cleveland and I must say that I feel lost without him. I miss him so much. This is the first time we are being apart since we got married. However, the good news is that very soon I will be traveling to stay with him for 2 weeks. I will finally move my "stuff" (I'm having a hard time deciding what's is really important , what I will need and what I won't...LOL Specially in my craft space...Oh boy is so hard to select....)

I will take to Cleveland just the essential stuff as I know that there are a few craft stores up there. So I will keep my scrap-room in Miami to be used when we return on vacation.

Well, enough chit-chat by now so let me show you the card I made using one of the cute and adorable images from Whimsy Stamps. The stamp is called "Janice and Marty's Snow Day" and the illustration is from the amazing talented Crissy Armstrong.



Materials:
Stamp: Whimsy Stamps
Inks: Re-inkers from Tim Holtz
Papers: My Mind's Eye and SU
Embellishment: Martha Stewart Punch for the snowflakes. Embossing folder.Pearls. Button, Ofray ribbon, and a lot of stickles. :))

Hugs,

LIM :))

5 comments:

Crystal said...

Hi Lim, AWWWW girl I LOVE what you did with this darling Whimsy Image..I love this paper!!!! It is BEAUTIFUL!!!! Amazing card girl!!

AWWW I can only imagine how much you miss your hubby I just know he feels the same way!!! AWWW the cold weather is not so bad and there are great stamp stores...We will totally get together when you are all settled in!!! Take care sweetie! TTYS!!!

Debbie said...

This is just gorgeous Lim I love the colours you have used with this cute Whimsy Image,Hugs Debbie x

Kelly Schelske said...

It's adorable Lim!!

So glad to get to see your hubby again soon and good luck with the move!!

Hugs, Kelly

Teresa said...

Such a cute card Lim, love the colors you have chosen..goes so well with the Whimsy image!

And don't you worry a bit, you will have no trouble at all meeting all kinds of new friends in Ohio! I bet hubby is missing you terribly too! So hang in there!! Love you! hugs,T

Monique said...

Wow Lim. That's quite the news you've got. I'm sorry to hear your DH is away now. I can imagine you must miss him very much.....
Your card is gorgious !!!

Hugs Monique