Sunday, July 11, 2010

Penny Black Stamps...

Hi Everyone,

I hope you all are having a great Summer. The weather in Cleveland is so hot (a bit lesser than in Miami, but without central a/c) :(( At least in our apartment ... I can't wait for the Winter!!! I might have to regret later on my words, but for now just thinking of snow make me feel so good...

Well, today I want to show you two cards that I made last week. I know all of you looooove Penny Black stamps, same as me.These 2 angels are my favorite from my collection so far, and I will admit that I'm in love with all the "vintage" images .

Regarding Penny Black and other great stamp collections, let me talk about this store where I always buy mines. The store website is at http://www.pbstamps.com/ and the owner (Dick) have the most incredible collection of PB stamps I have seen so far. He gets all the catalogs from 1993 thru today. It's amazing!!! The shipping is SUPER fast and the customer service great. I'm a customer of PBstamps since at least 2 years ago, and thanks to him I have an amazing PB collection. He even has many of the retired stamps. It's unbelievable! Just send him an email with whatever you are looking for and I'm sure he will help you :)) Also if you subscribe to his newsletter I guarantee you will laugh because this guy has an amazing and fun sense of humor. Good Luck!

Now let me show you my cards. The stamp name is : #1132K- "Sharing a Secret" and is from 1998 Collection.

Here is another picture so I can show you the details of the wings with Crystal Effect from SU.


And regarding the second card...I don't feel happy how it looks because I think I could have used different colors for the stars, but it was to late when I noticed it...
Stamp # 4078K- "Reach for the Stars"


Hugs,
LIM :))

6 comments:

Sue from Oregon said...

wonderful cards with these great PB stamps! Love these creations! I buy from PB Stamps too!

Teresa said...

So precious Lim! Perfect color choices..and you always do such an awesome job with painting. I have to agree with you with PBstamps site..I bought a few older PB's from Dick several years ago. The customer service is awesome and he is a great help! He has almost every PB stamp you are looking for. Hope you are having a great summer! hugs,T

Julie said...

Your cards are just adorable. It is great to see you creating again.

Hugz,
Julie

Janie Printz said...

Oh My Goodness Lim, your cards are just awesome !!! Love those PB images & you've colored them up like a dream ...
Hugs, Janie

Robin said...

Love your stuff!!! You are so talented! I do have a question for you... do you watercolor your characters on your cards or what? Could you reply by e-mail robinnclark@hotmail.com (be sure to get 2 n's in there robinn) Thank you SO MUCH!

Jocelyn aka JoBear2 said...

Absolutely beautiful! Love all the colours and the embellies.